EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Community Group
February 3, 2021 –
The next meeting of the EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Community Group will be held:
Wednesday February 3, 2021
1-2pm ET, 10-11am PT
Or by Telephone:
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 888 475 4499 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 917 4679 5992
We remind everyone that our IT Access meeting is primarily an audio/video conference. Members are unable to effectively participate when separate and simultaneous discussions happen via the chat and audio/video call. To stay inclusive, and to help us manage a large group discussion, please continue to use chat to introduce yourself, ask questions, and to share links etc. Please bring side conversations back to the main group discussion. Participants are able to save the chat transcript that can be shared with attendees after the meeting as necessary.
- Welcome & introductions (~5 min)
- Open Mic (~2 min) -- Announcements, job postings, etc.
- Presentation (~20 min) --
- Student Centric Approaches to Accessibility Efforts by Nate Evans, Sr Manager & Digital Accessibility Coordinator Digital Experience Team, Michigan State University
- Group Discussion (~25 min)
We have agreed we would only use what we understand to be the accessible features on Zoom. This understanding comes from our own user experiences shared through our CG meeting calls.
On the call we will limit interaction to the following features:
- Screen sharing topics which are being discussed. As screen sharing occurs, audio description should be provided.( we will have to work as a group to decide how often we screen share)
- If you used a relay service or similar system, doing so via the phone would function the same way.
To prepare for joining the meeting please review the information below: