The Accessible IT Group (AITG) promotes and supports the inclusion of students with disabilities in the information technology environment of the University of Illinois. Just like curb cuts and ramps made it possible for students in wheelchairs to attend the university in the 1950s, IT accessibility is providing the pathways for everyone to maneuver the internet easily, including those with disabilities.
The mission of Accessible IT Group (AITG) is to promote a campus environment that integrates the universal design of information technology resources through outreach, evaluation, collaboration, education, research, and adaptive technologies to ensure the inclusion of students with disabilities in the Illinois Experience.
- To promote the use of universal design and accessibility principles and practices.
- To develop a knowledge base on accessible design techniques.
- To maximize the effectiveness and accessibility of learning environments.
- Jon Gunderson — Coordinator of Accessible IT Group
- Lori Lane — IT Accessibility Specialist in Universal Design
- M. Nicholas Hoyt — Software Development and Interaction Design Specialist