The Accessibility 101 course is intended to increase understanding and awareness of accessibility, as well as in the context of information technology (I.T.). Because accessibility work is a responsibility shared among campus citizens, creating a common language and shared understanding of basic accessibility concepts provides a critical foundation for everyone.
- Self-paced course.
- Modules, each with a learning section then a review quiz.
- Topics include Types and Models of Disabilities, Accommodations, and Accessibilities, Barriers to Accessibility, and More.
- Course completion of 80% or more eligible for a digital badge.
Self-registering for the course
If you ARE on the Urbana-Champaign campus or System Admin (@illinois.edu or @uillinois.edu)
- This course has enabled open enrollment. Students can self-enroll in the course by accessing the online registration URL.
If you ARE NOT on the UIUC campus or System Admin
You will need to create a new username and password on the canvas system if you do not currently have one.
- This course has enabled open enrollment. Students can self-enroll in the course once you share with them this URL: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/6FH78P.
- Alternatively, they can sign up at https://canvas.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: 6FH78P (Select “I am a student”)
For questions or comments about the course, please contact Christy Blew at email@example.com